Hello my name is Jovanna Borquez, I graduated from Mount Saint Mary’s University in 2016 with a Master’s of Science in Counseling Psychology. I received my Bachelor of Arts degree in Child Development from California State University Los Angeles. I am a bilingual licensed marriage and family therapist with a passion for children/youth and their families overcome lives challenges.
I treat children and adolescents struggling with depression, anxiety, grief and loss, behavioral issues, and traumatic events. I utilize interventions that assist with meeting children and adolescents where they’re at and creating trust in a non-judgmental environment to improve functioning.
I also treat adults in individual psychotherapy struggling with a variety of life stressors and difficulties. Through our collaborate work we identify behavioral patterns that contribute distress and implement self-empowerment interventions to assist in reaching your highest potential. I look forward to working with you!
· Children (including 0-5 population)
· Dyadic with children and parents
· Trauma and Stress Related Experiences including: Childhood Trauma
· Grief and Loss
· Life Transitions
Treatment Approaches/Evidenced Based Practices:
· Play Therapy
· Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
· Culturally Sensitive
· Solution Focused
· Strength Based
· Person Centered Approach
· Trauma Focused- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TFCBT)
· Positive Parenting Program (Triple P)
· Managing and Adapting Practices (MAP)
· Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
· Seeking Safety